About Me

My photo
Bryan, Texas, United States
Hi, my name is Sarah Dowell & I am based out of Bryan, Tx. I just started looking into photography a couple of years ago & God showed me that I really have a talent for it & gave me a desire to continue with it. I love taking pictures. So many possibilities Because I am an amateur photographer, I charge $30 an hour with unlimited shots & outfit changes. I edit my favorites & post my favorites on my blog/facebook/flickr & give you a cd of all of the shots plus the ones that I edited. Just comment on this blog if you would like me to do your pictures! Enjoy!

Friday, May 28, 2010

5-27-10

Mark 10:13-16
And they were bringing children to Him so that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant & said to them, "Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all." & He took them in His arms & began blessing them, laying His hands on them. 
This is my sister Karli for those of you who don't know, she is such a joy & reminds me so much of the children that are talked about in this passage in Mark. These children wanted to see Jesus & tried to come to Him but His disciples rebuked them because they were children. How often do we do this with young children? Yes they may not know a whole lot because they've only been living for a small amount of time but God still uses these sweet blessings in miraculous ways. I can't tell you how many times Karli has walked into my room & said, "Sarah, I want to give you a hug," right at the moment I needed one. In this passage, Jesus uses the children's example to show the disciples that even children can enjoy Jesus' presence & that their faith is just as strong as the disciples' faith.
Thank you God for little children & how they touch the lives around them in some of the smallest, yet most significant ways!
How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. - Mother Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment