About Me

My photo
Bryan, Texas, United States
Hi, my name is Sarah Dowell & I am based out of Bryan, Tx. I just started looking into photography a couple of years ago & God showed me that I really have a talent for it & gave me a desire to continue with it. I love taking pictures. So many possibilities Because I am an amateur photographer, I charge $30 an hour with unlimited shots & outfit changes. I edit my favorites & post my favorites on my blog/facebook/flickr & give you a cd of all of the shots plus the ones that I edited. Just comment on this blog if you would like me to do your pictures! Enjoy!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

4-15-10

Psalm 46:10
"Cease striving & know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
So in case you didn't notice, i kinda have a thing for skies lately. I'm not sure why I like them so much but I do. I thought this verse went really well with this picture because we [at least I do] try & try to understand everything about God & what He's doing with our lives & we're striving to do the right thing & it all just becomes very tiresome & burdening, & then we read this verse & God puts it plain & simple for us "Cease striving & know that I am God." It was such a huge blow to me, like God was personally telling me, "Stop trying to figure it out because you won't ever be able to figure it out. Rest in the knowledge of the fact that I AM GOD!" His glory is everywhere, I mean really, tomorrow just go outside & look UP! When I take the time do this I think "God You made this! You created this out of thin air! How in the world did you do that?!"
I love that God presents Himself so clearly in nature. He's wonderful. Thank You God
!

1 comment: