About Me

My photo
Bryan, Texas, United States
Hi, my name is Sarah Dowell & I am based out of Bryan, Tx. I just started looking into photography a couple of years ago & God showed me that I really have a talent for it & gave me a desire to continue with it. I love taking pictures. So many possibilities Because I am an amateur photographer, I charge $30 an hour with unlimited shots & outfit changes. I edit my favorites & post my favorites on my blog/facebook/flickr & give you a cd of all of the shots plus the ones that I edited. Just comment on this blog if you would like me to do your pictures! Enjoy!

Friday, April 16, 2010

4-16-10

Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.
Ok so you may be wondering, "What does this picture have to do with this verse?" Well just follow my weird train of thought for a second. :]
This picture reminded me of a quote that I read in the book "Captivating" by John & Staci Elderidge [Amazing book! Go read it if you haven't yet]. The quote said, "Then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin
Ok now to connect it all. It's like girls today. The world, under the influence of the enemy, tells girls that they have to look a certain way, or say a certain thing, or do certain things to be beautiful, gorgeous, attractive, & delightful. That we have to work for it. The enemy constantly lies to women & girls whispering things like, "You're not good enough!" or "You're not pretty enough!" or "No one likes you!" & we believe it! It's so sad & disheartening because we believe these lies & put up walls around our beautiful hearts because we think no one will like us, that no one will want to pursue us or chase after us. But God whispers something different with verses like Zephaniah 3:17, He takes delight in us [just the way we are], He quiets us with His love, He rejoices over us with singing!
He breaks through the walls we put up & says, "Open up your heart! Let Me love you! Praise Me with how I made you! Show the world who you are in Me!"
Don't listen to the Enemy's lies because he is DEAD WRONG! God made you beautiful, He delights in you & rejoices over you with singing!

No comments:

Post a Comment