About Me

My photo
Bryan, Texas, United States
Hi, my name is Sarah Dowell & I am based out of Bryan, Tx. I just started looking into photography a couple of years ago & God showed me that I really have a talent for it & gave me a desire to continue with it. I love taking pictures. So many possibilities Because I am an amateur photographer, I charge $30 an hour with unlimited shots & outfit changes. I edit my favorites & post my favorites on my blog/facebook/flickr & give you a cd of all of the shots plus the ones that I edited. Just comment on this blog if you would like me to do your pictures! Enjoy!

Friday, April 9, 2010

4-9-10

4-9-10
Colossians 1:15-17
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens & on earth, visible & invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him & for Him. He is before all things, & in Him all things hold together.
So to be honest I really did not have any motivation today to take pictures due to the creative "light switch" in my brain being switched to "off" but my mom encouraged me to find something in the house, go outside & experiment [Thanks for the encouragement Mom!] so I did that & I got some cool pictures but then I was having trouble connecting it to a verse, therefore, I opened my Bible to see if I could find something & I opened it up to this section of Colossians, I thought, "God that was all You!"
How often do we forget that we're created by God? That He created EVERYTHING & that He holds it all together?! I guarantee that each one of you would probably respond with "Every Single Day!" yeah I would too, but He is so faithful to remind us. I was looking at this picture thinking about how God made the petals of a rose to hold together in such a way that is beneficial to the plant itself, to the bees that get nectar from it, & to the pleasure of the human eye. Wow is God a great Designer! & to think, "If He made that rose in so carefully a way that would glorify Him, how much more did He do so with a human being?!" How great is our God that He delights in us? Absolutely amazing. Anyways, it also reminded me of that song by David Crowder called "Glorious", at the end of the chorus it says, "You made everything glorious, what does that make me?"
Just a couple thoughts from my brain today. Thank You God for Your creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment