About Me

My photo
Bryan, Texas, United States
Hi, my name is Sarah Dowell & I am based out of Bryan, Tx. I just started looking into photography a couple of years ago & God showed me that I really have a talent for it & gave me a desire to continue with it. I love taking pictures. So many possibilities Because I am an amateur photographer, I charge $30 an hour with unlimited shots & outfit changes. I edit my favorites & post my favorites on my blog/facebook/flickr & give you a cd of all of the shots plus the ones that I edited. Just comment on this blog if you would like me to do your pictures! Enjoy!

Monday, April 26, 2010

4-26-10

1 Corinthians 9:24
"Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win."
"Hey bubby, I need your help!" I told my little brother earlier this afternoon. "Ok!" He responded. He's so cute!
We went outside & I wasn't really sure what I was going to do to get a picture today. Then looking down the road I told Elias [my little brother] "Go stand over there & when I say 'go,' run towards me as fast as you can!" He willingly did so & I captured this awesome moment, which led to this verse that came to mind.
These words are so empowering, it's like Paul is saying, "Just when you almost give up, push harder!" Keep going, never give up!
God is our cheerleader & teammate at the same time. He cheers for us as we go through life, encouraging us & telling us to never give up & to push harder! Then just when we think we can't win, God comes beside us, as our teammate, grabs our hand & says, "I am with you, keep going, you can do it for I am here."
I hope this encourages you all as finals come up, the spring semester comes to a close, & life begins a new chapter that God is with you & he is constantly encouraging you to strive for the best, to keep going, to win the race!
"By perseverance the snail reached the ark." - Charles Spurgeon

2 comments:

  1. haha I love the final quote! Good job, Sarah! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing picture.
    amazing verse.
    i needed that today, Sarah. :)

    ReplyDelete